Dr. Brink completed his undergraduate studies at California State University, Sacramento, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in biology. Originally on the post-graduate academic route towards dentistry, Dr. Brink was motivated by the self-healing power of the human body, after suffering a severe strain in his low back while playing water polo. Resting and stretching didn’t do anything to resolve the pain or condition. A family friend who was a chiropractor treated his back. After one treatment his low back pain was virtually gone. Chiropractic became the path Dr. Brink wanted to pursue. He then went on to complete his doctorate at Palmer College of Chiropractic West.
While in school, Dr. Brink pursued extensive extra-curricular coursework, completing the Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner (CCEP) program, and adding certifications in both Graston Technique® and Active Release Techniques (ART®).
Upon graduating, Dr. Brink’s thirst for knowledge didn’t slow down. Dr. Brink’s passion for sports and their related injuries, as well as his personal experience with an ACL, MCL, and meniscus injury, inspired his pursuit of post-doctorate level courses. He is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner (CCSP), Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement Specialist (CES/PES) with NASM, and certified in, and an instructor for, HansOn Muscle Therapy (HMT), Functional Movement Screen (FMS) and Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA).
And while Dr. Brink continues to expand his knowledge, he also enjoys teaching others. Dr. Brink has been involved with Rocktape™ since its inception in 2009, as co-author of “Power Taping: Taping Movements, Not Muscles,” and as a Certified Instructor, teaching the theory and application of Rocktape™ to numerous Medical Doctors, Chiropractors, Physical Therapists and Massage Therapists nationwide.
Dr. Brink’s extensive training and his effective use of multiple therapies have attracted the following of many professional athletes, including triathletes and UFC and Strikeforce MMA fighters, boxers, and soccer players. But don’t let that intimidate you, these therapies work on everyone – even the kids!
- ACRB III – American Chiropractic Rehabilitation Board (board eligible)
- Rocktape™ – Certified Instructor, Director of Education (former), and Co-Author “Power Taping: Taping Movements, Not Muscles”
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Practitioner (CCSP) – American Board of Chiropractic Sports Physicians
- Certified Chiropractic Extremity Practitioner (CCEP) – Chiropractic Council on Extremity Adjusting (board eligible)
- Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement Specialist (CES/PES) – National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Active Release Techniques (ART®) – Full Body Certified
- Graston Technique ® – Level 2 Certified – Graston Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization Technique ®
- HansON Muscle Therapy (HMT) – Full Body Certified, Instructor
- CPR – Basic Life Support Certified – American Heart Association
- Board Certified - National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Physiotherapy Board Certified – National Board of Chiropractic Examiner
- Cross Fit World Championships – Los Angeles 2010, 2012
- Strikeforce™ Evolution 2009
- Strikeforce™ Shamrock vs. Diaz 2009
- ART® – Kona Ironman World Championships, Hawaii 2005, 2006
- West Coast Beach Volleyball Championships 2005
- Sea Otter Classic 2005, 2006 (Medical Team)
We offer innovative movement specialties and soft-tissue treatments for lengthening and strengthening muscles, research-based rehabilitation protocols and advanced chiropractic manipulative techniques all under one roof. Current medical research has proven that an integrated health care approach involving muscle and joint manipulation, rehabilitation, and therapeutic exercises offer clients the most effective and longest-lasting results.
Chiropractic is a drug-free, hands-on approach to health care. Chiropractors focus on disorders of the musculoskeletal system, nervous system, and the effects of these disorders on general health. The chiropractic adjustment mobilizes the joints and stimulates the nervous system to improve movement.
The primary goal is to expedite recovery and to restore range of motion, muscular strength, endurance, neuromuscular control, and cardiorespiratory endurance by reducing inflammation, improving activation and coordination, and enhancing the repair processes.
Laser therapy floods the tissues with photons, which energizes the damaged cells and increases circulation to the painful area. This produces a cascade of healing responses in your body, reducing inflammation, and minimizing or even eliminating your pain.
Kinesiology tape is an elastic cotton band with an acrylic adhesive used for treating athletic injuries and a variety of physical disorders. In general kinesiology tape is able to stretch up to 120–140% of its original length. As a result, if the tape is applied with a stretch greater than its normal length, it will "recoil" after application and therefore create a pulling force on the skin or muscle involved.
Our group classes, workshops and seminars are a great way to spread our knowledge and to get more people moving correctly.
Connect with our affiliate partners for services that compliment our treatment.
- Massage Therapy
- Recovery Lab
- Exercise & Assessment Programming